2017 SC Council for the Social Studies Conference
Follow the links below to download the conference program!
Click on the image above to
download a PDF file conference sessions.
Click on the image
download the conference
app to your smart phone.
September 28-30, 2017
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
3200 S. Ocean Blvd. Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Vendor/Exhibitor Registration - Click here to register
Make plans to attend this exciting conference in Myrtle Beach!
Click here to register for the Conference.
*Thursday, September 28
1:00-5:00 Special PD Session from the State Department on Historical Thinking Skills- District Social Studies Coordinators and Teacher Representatives from Districts are invited. This is open for all interested in historical thinking skills.
5:00-7:30 PM in Vendor/Exhibitor area. Also attendees can shop the vendors and door prizes will be given away.
*Friday, September 29
- 8:00 AM-12:00 PM-- Registration
- 8:00-9:00 AM Continental Breakfast in Vendor/Exhibitor area
- 8:30-9:00- Opening Session
- 9:10 AM- 12:30 PM-- Concurrent Sessions
- 12:45-1:45- Awards Luncheon- Special Speaker - Hugo Schiller, Holocaust Survivor ,will share his story.
- 1:55-4:45 PM-- Concurrent Sessions
* Saturday, September 30
8:00-9:00 Continental Breakfast
9:00 -10:00 Special Speaker - Jed Dearybury, Palmetto State Teachers Association
10:00 - 10:50 Breakout sessions
11:00-11:50 Breakout sessions - New standards introduction with breakouts for elementary, middle and high